6. CON: No surprises. On the downside of online dating, you can lose the element of surprise by making use of all of these dating tools. It may seem like something is missing when you find that you already know someone before even meeting in person. If every date is planned and scanned, where is the random surprise aspect that bring strangers together? There's something romantic about a chance meeting that could turn into a relationship after all.
7. CON: No excitement. The feeling that you have when you are meeting someone new and unknown for the first time, or those "first date jitters", can really be seen as a good thing. Being a bit nervous and feeling the tingle of anticipation may be something we've lost in our technological approach to dating. That excitement can only come from an unorchestrated, probabilistic meeting, not from a calculated and planned one. 3 Reasons Why Every Couple Needs A Vacation
More from YourTango: 5 Things To Consider Before Getting A Divorce
8. CON: Not for real. There is a chance that even with all of the careful screening and research you've put into a potential date, the real thing may not be a good match. An intense sense of disappointment and wasted time and money is possible if the profile is inaccurate or information is withheld. If the buildup happens and you think this could be the one, your expectations may be too high.
9. CON: The mystery is history. On the other hand, an online dating profile may be so complete, honest and detailed that there is no mystery left. It is possible for a person to give away too much in a profile and then you feel like you already know him or her. In this case, when the first date actually happens in the flesh, the spark that might have be kindled by the unknown is never lit. Does Cheating Kill Romance Forever?
10. CON: Too much information. Having access to all of that knowledge about someone will not only eliminate mystery, but it can backfire if there is too much information. After all, we all make mistakes, make enemies and make wrong turns here and there.
More from YourTango: 3 Reasons Why Every Couple Needs A Vacation
If we find out too much about a person before meeting them we may make a judgement based on incomplete or inaccurate knowledge — something we all know can happen on the Internet. So don't be too hasty to find out everything — a computerized background check probably isn't a good idea — at least until the second date.