More partners may be the answer to fulfill your needs. Check it out.
An open relationship is one in which two people are together, but they agree to see other people, otherwise known as a non-monogamous relationship, or polyamory. In open relationships, the parties can be intimate with one or more person.
Open relationships can be broken down into these categories:
- Multi-partner relationships: both partners are non-monogamous
- Hybrid relationships: one partner is monogamous and the other is non-monogamous
- Swinging: a couple in a committed relationship engages in sex as a social activity or for recreation
Though it may not seem like a good thing, here are some of the many advantages to open relationships:
1. There's varied sex: No matter how much you love your partner, there's always a need for someone else; maybe you want to try a different kind of body or sex style that your partner doesn't like. Partners also have different sexual preferences that don't necessarily match yours (exploring with other people). It's a wonderful feeling to see how another person can respond to your moves.
2. You have freedom. Open relationships give you the freedom to be with other people you're attracted to. It removes the frustration of feeling guilty when someone makes a move on you and gives you the opportunity to explore.
3. It's casual: If you want to be in a steady relationship but are afraid of commitment, an open relationship provides the perfect solution.
4. You control your sexual satisfaction: If you and your partner have different sex drives, you can look for a person who will be able to satisfy you. This also applies to people in a long-distance relationship.
5. You and your partner can solve differences: Open relationships are great for solving differences. You can use sex with different people as a distraction to take time and think about your relationship.
6. There's other options for companionship: Partners sometimes don't fulfill the need for intellectual companionship, which can be solved with an open relationship.
7. It create a challenge: Relationships need a pang of jealousy, and a sense of attachment or possessiveness to challenge partners to work on their relationship problems.
8. You meet like-minded people: Open the possibilities of meeting new people with similar interests and ideas. You can meet others who meet your emotional or intellectual needs.
Open relationships are great and can solve numerous challenges in relationships, but the greatest benefit of an open relationship is the great sex. When a partner in a relationship gets into sexual relationships with different people, they learn more about their sexuality and preferences.
Learning about yourself causes you to know what you want and results in great sex. Getting tips from different sexual partners will also improve performance.
Another way open relationships lead to great sex is when a partner opts for it due to differences in sex drive, which allows full satisfaction with their partners. People in an open relationship find sex more pleasing and engage in it more than regular couples.