Knowing all of this is only part of the solution. How do you know if and when to say goodbye? A key to this is identifying how long the relationship has felt unsatisfying, how much effort you and the other person have put into resolving the issues in the relationship and how it is impacting your life. When you no longer look forward to spending time with them, find that the unhappiness in the relationship is bleeding into the rest of your life and you or the other person is either unwilling or unable to put effort into improving the relationship, it is probably time to walk away.
Are your relationships energizing or draining? Why do you stay in unhappy relationships?
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB