Knowing all of this is only part of the solution. How do you know if and when to say goodbye? A key to this is identifying how long the relationship has felt unsatisfying, how much effort you and the other person have put into resolving the issues in the relationship and how it is impacting your life. When you no longer look forward to spending time with them, find that the unhappiness in the relationship is bleeding into the rest of your life and you or the other person is either unwilling or unable to put effort into improving the relationship, it is probably time to walk away.
Are your relationships energizing or draining? Why do you stay in unhappy relationships?
Trending Expert Advice
- Sorry, Unconditional Love Is Total Bullsh*t (And, Here's Why)
- Put The iPhone DOWN! 4 Ways Technology Is Killing Your Marriage
- 6 Ways To Show Unconditional Love WITHOUT Being A Total Doormat
- Why Loving A Man Unconditionally Makes You Downright MISERABLE
- 18 Ways To Keep Your Long-Term Relationship Sizzling
Latest Expert Videos