So, the next time you feel tempted to insult yourself, take a step back. Think about what you would say to a friend. We are closer to ourselves than anyone else so, we need to treat ourselves kindly because no matter what, we will still be here. Think about what your body does for you. Consider what your life would be like without the body parts you judge so harshly and try to accept yourself as you are because that is truly the only way to feel free. Stop putting your life on hold until you feel better about your body because you will miss out on so much. My favorite quote is by Andrew Denton where he so eloquently states that “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are”. I think he is on to something!
Learn to stop beating yourself up and stop the negative self-talk that robs you of your happiness.
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
FROM AROUND THE WEB