How Practicing Intentional Relaxation & Mindfulness Can Improve Your Life & Health
The 3 Steps to feeling better, healing faster and being more effective in life are:
I know "It sounds too good to be true," but relaxing, recharging and refocusing your attention for 5 minutes or less at a time, throughout your day on a daily basis will help you feel better, heal faster and generally be more effective in life.
The practice I am recommending is based on the latest scientific opinions and 1000's of years of experience. Learning and practicing "Quantum Focusing" (Self-hypnotically enhanced mindfulness) can help you feel better, heal better and generally be more effective.
It works like this; your beliefs, expectations and state of being at any given moment in time sets the tone for how you feel, heal and function. Imagine that you are being assisted by someone who is bored, agitated, stressed out, preoccupied or in a bad mood. Now imagine that that someone is you. If you are negatively stressed, expecting the worse and/or are unfocused, it sets the tone for everything you do and experience. When you realize that the "state" of being you are in right now affects your experience and effectiveness, you can begin to improve your life.
Left unchecked, our unhealthy beliefs, expectations and states of being can be contaminants that can suck the joy out of our lives. The chronic negative stress caused by feeling this way can also have a deleterious effect on our health.
Luckily, relaxing, recharging and refocusing can be easy and fun, but don't take my word for it - Let it work for you.
Make it a daily habit!
To get the most out of this Quantum Focusing exercise, use it the first thing when you wake up and the last thing before going to sleep. Throughout the day and night, whenever changing activities, repeat this exercise to give yourself the Quantum Focusing edge and to bring yourself into the moment. As you do, you will automatically feel better and become more effective in whatever you are/will be doing.
1. Become comfortable with your surroundings as you allow your attention to focus on doing this exercise.
2. Without thinking about it, close and open your eyes, so you can continue to read this…now gently bring your attention to being inside of your body.
3. Fill your mind with a sense of occupying all of the space inside you from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head. Imagine being aware of every atom in your body dancing in total harmony.
As you say to yourself-
“I am at my best when I live with a happy heart, a peaceful mind and a playful spirit.”
Stay with repeating this to yourself for about 2 minutes…
4. Now, let's create a resource state that is loaded with the feelings, emotions and actual body chemistry that is going on when your heart is happy, your mind is peaceful and your spirit is playful by remembering the last time your laughed out loud. Remember and re-experience how you feel when you feel appreciated and loved. Remember and re-experience how good you felt the last time your spirit felt playful and imagine injecting all of these wonderful feelings and emotions into the word "FOCUS" so that your mind and brain will recreate this healthy and highly effective state of being every time you think of the word "FOCUS" in the privacy of your mind. That's it!
5. Now let's release any toxic emotions and feelings you may be experiencing by letting yourself become aware of any toxic feelings and emotions and as you do imagine all you have to do to release them is say FOCUS to yourself in the privacy of your mind and your mind and brain will automatically begin releasing them.
7. As you exhale, take a moment to feel complete and good about yourself and what you just did.
8. Bring yourself into the moment, focusing your attention on what is happening now.
I wonder how quickly you will notice that your life is more exciting, pleasurable, satisfying, and rewarding when you do this simple exercise several times a day—every day. A good habit to take to work, play and home. Make it a daily habit.
To review, the 3 Steps to feeling better, healing faster and being more effective in life are:
I am confident that practicing the mental exercise I shared with you in this blog will help you relax, recharge and refocus your attention in ways that promote feeling better, healing better and having more fun in life. We tend to be generally more effective in life when we are having fun. Being in the moment offers us a wider range of emotional flexibility and helps us feel better NOW! When you are at ease and paying attention, you automatically become more effective at whatever you are doing. These two facts, in turn, permit you to take advantage of a third fact: that your state of being can either undermine or bolster your "inner-physician" and thus help or inhibit your capacity to self regulate.
You feel better, right now!
The above exercise was adapted from the How to Get Unstuck e-book @ Quantum Focusing.com