Join YourTango Experts for a 31-day love life makeover challenge.
Take a moment and reflect on your love life. Are you satisfied? Are there aspects of it you'd like to improve? What's holding you back? The answers to these question can be complicated and, often, downright frightening.
Well, first, you're not alone. We recently polled more than 500 people, to discover 82 percent of them felt their love lives were in need of a makeover. Whether single, in a relationship, staring over or married, people agree that their romantic lives could use a boost, however slight or significant. Creating and maintaining a happy, balanced love life isn't something we're born knowing how to do; it's something we learn.
With this in mind we created the first ever 31-Day Love Life Makeover Challenge on YourTango. From today through February 14, Valentine's Day, 70+ relationship professionals from our YourTango Experts network have dedicated their practical and personal advice to helping you live your best love life.
Beginning tomorrow, join us for our official kick off post, as we help you first identify and then learn from a relationship role model. Then join us over the next 30 days as we will take you on a journey to discover for yourself what it takes to create the love life you most desire.
Each day on the YourTango homepage, our relationship experts will share advice on four specific areas that affect our romantic lives:
• Your Attitude. The first step to transformation is to change the way you think about your love life—and yourself.
• Your Communication. Decipher man-speak vs. woman speak, learn to flirt with your partner/husband, master difficult conversations and find out how to charm the pants off someone new.
• Your Social Life. Put the new you into action: whether single, starting over, or in a relationship, our experts will help you choose the best social activities for your positive, engaged self.
• Your Body. We'll teach you to take a loving look at your physical self and identify areas you want to work on so you can feel better about yourself and your romantic decisions. Included will be inspiring ideas about improvements to your wardrobe, beauty routine, diet, exercise and self-image.
Finally, to bring the challenge to life, we have selected a member of our community to experience the makeover personally. Guided by prominent relationship expert and bestselling author Dr. Diana Kirschner, our makeover winner will share her progress, struggles, ups, downs and wins in videos posted throughout the 31 days. Watch as she brings to light the advice offered throughout the challenge and learn how you can model her growth.
In addition to Dr. Kirschner, well-known professionals such as John Gray, author of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus; Harville Hendrix, internationally known couples and pastoral counselor; Mary Jo Rapini, a renowned psychotherapist, lecturer and TV personality and Alisa D. Bowman, author of Project: Happily Ever After will weave their insight and presence into the challenge.
The Love Life Makeover will touch upon subjects such as:
• Is your body language working for or against you?
• Man vs. woman speak: how to better communicate with the opposite sex
• How present an exterior that matches your inner self & the power of cleaning out old styles, clothing and attitudes
• The power of positive thinking: relationship happiness starts with you
• How make your social calendar and social networks work for you
• How to cast out your baggage and move on from past relationships
Join us over the next 31 days as we explore all that it takes to help you create a healthy, loving and balanced love life.