Plus: 9 ways to embrace your single status this summer!
Don't stress over your single status this season. Instead, embrace your freedom. The summer seem to amplify the cons of single life. Well, don't worry you are not alone. It is amazing to have someone, but if you do not, we are advocating that you embrace your single status this summer. It is time to focus on other aspects of your life and stop stressing over when you will find that perfect person. Here's how:
1. Plan thoughtful gifts. This year, put your intelligence to good use and amaze the people in your life with meaningful gifts. Make your best friend a mixtape of all the ridiculous songs you two have belted out on karaoke night or get your neice, who loves to write, a journal that you personalized yourself. Give gifts with depth and meaning. The people closest to you will be so thankful.
2. Focus on your family. When is the last time you called your younger sister or your aunt who lives in Canada? Now would be the perfect time to catch up. She will be ecstatic to hear from you, and you will be surprised by how much you have missed. 12 Dating Rules For Single Parents
3. Mingle with other singles. Just because you are technically solo doesn't mean you cannnot have tons of fun this season. Hit some summer barbeques. There will be plenty of people just like you. When you spot that hottie by the grill, you will be glad you can shoot him a come-hither smile.
4. Meet your friends for coffee. Make weekly trips to your local coffee shop with your closest friends. Gab about everything from your crazy coworkers to that sexy guy you have been eyeing at the gym. But, relationship talk is off limits.
5. Do something you wouldn't normally do. Join a yoga class. Read that book you have been meaning to open for a year. Redecorate your bedroom. You have the time to do the things you have always wanted to do. Single? 10 Fun Ways To Meet Men This Summer
More single advice from YourTango:
- Help! I'm Almost 40 And Still Single
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Person Should Know (And Follow!)
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear