The powerful, hot man who cheated on his wife/girlfriend (everyone from Tiger Woods to Hugh Grant) hits the front pages, and, instead of fans cheering, they're reeling from his admission of foul play. Justifying their actions, some experts will say, "Powerful men have a higher sex drive," or "men are just wired that way," or, "if women don't want their men to stray, they need to turn up the passion in the bedroom."
I say, "Please! We all know that men do not own a corner in the hormone market. The secret's out and the facts are in, so enough with this foolishness and at least come up with something original."
Instead of acquiescing to what's politically correct and getting on the boring, poor, sex-depraved male bandwagon, direct your attention over here, to what I'm calling SI: Spiritual Incontinence. Spiritual incontinence is a sudden swift departure from one's internal compass, brought about by the unconscious wound of separation.
S.I. is a malady that most of us who live in the western world not only suffer from but, ironically, subscribe to. We know what the high road is, and choose to submit to our lower nature — to hell with the consequences.10 Ways To Get Out Of Sex
It's one thing to be broke and uneducated and thus make poor choices out of ignorance; it's another to be out of integrity and behave abominably on purpose. You see, I am not a believer that people do the best they can but rather I believe that people just do what they do. (And, in many cases, whatever they can get away with.) So, unless you are a bona fide junkie, addicted to the rush of break-up and make-up, wake up and smell the four truths about cheating:
1. Being famous, powerful, rich, or having a penis, in general, is not a precursor to infidelity or cheating. The difference between being a cheater and having cheated is gaping. If you don't know the difference, bone up and grow up. There is no longer an excuse for not educating yourself unless you cannot read.
2. Women stay in relationships with cheaters for unexpected reasons. Women who choose to be in relationship with men who are cheaters do so because we are either afraid to be abandoned or alone, are financially dependent, are defined by a man wanting or loving us, or simply do not yet honor and respect ourselves. It is not because we love him and want to stand by our man.
This is immature love and romanticized attachment. And if your man has moved from having cheated to being a cheater, he doesn't need help. You do — get some, and some self-respect while you're at it. You will be thrilled you did in the long run! Investigating Your Perfection
More relationship advice from YourTango:
- In A Long-Distance Relationship? Tips To Keep The Love Strong
- 13 Relationships Mistakes We Men Could Stop Making
- 4 Strangest Celebrity Family Relationships Ever