Does your relationship require a man cave?
With the economy and mortgage approvals making it barely possible for many to own their own home, purchasing the material to construct a man cave may be tough. You can achieve a man cave concept by giving your guy his own space within your home—this will help prevent your marriage or relationship from being sacrificed due to his need for solitude. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
1. Decide where in the home his cave will be. Guys like to take up a lot of space, so maybe a whole room or part of the garage for him would be best.
2. After you settle on a place, let him decorate it. Don't worry, men's taste with décor isn't as expensive as a women's. Guys like caves and can do with minimal stuff...usually.
3. Don't frequent his area. He needs his own place to retreat and if you begin going in there all the time, then there is no boundary and he is going to become resentful of your invasion. Guys, if your wife or girlfriend agrees not to invade your man cave, then you will have to agree to clean it up. I know this sort of violates the idea of a man cave, but a roach infestation in the house due to leftover food is not okay. Managing Differences: My Spouse is a Slob [VIDEO]
4. Kids should stay out of the man cave ... unless their dad personally invites them in.
5. I would never help build a man cave for my man if I didn't trust him. In fact, I wouldn't share a home with anyone I didn't trust. We aren't going to build a man cave this year, but I am going to help make "his space" at our home more comfortable. He wants a new desk for his computer. He chose one that didn't match the décor, but it is his man cave within our home. /node/131999
Great marriages are built with trust, understanding and realizing you cannot be all things to your partner. Encouraging each other's alone time can energize your marriage and make you more appreciative of the person you share your cave with.
–Mary Jo Rapini
For more information and MONTHLY FREE RELATIONSHIP TIP go to: www.maryjorapini.com
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Get your “MOJO MOMENT” each day on Fox 26 at 9a.m.CST.
Join me every Monday and Thursday Morning for “Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo” on Fox 26 Houston at 9 a.m.