Addressing the emotional causes of low libido should be the first step you take in addressing why you no longer desire sex, your partner, or your intimate life.
1. How is your mental health? Anxiety and depression must be ruled out.
2. Stress level. Do you have stress regarding work, finances or lack of sleep?
3. Poor body image (do you feel less attractive)?
4. Low self-esteem. Did you just lose a job or is one of your children floundering?
5. A history of physical, verbal or sexual abuse lowers libido.
Relationship problems must also be ruled out prior to asking your doctor for help with medical interventions.
1. Do you feel emotionally connected to your partner? Physical distance is not as important as emotional distance.
2. Are there unresolved conflicts or do you fight about the same things and feel hopeless after?
3. Does your relationship suffer from not being able to talk about your sexual needs or preferences without feeling shamed?
4. Infidelity is a huge libido killer and it takes a long time to mend the emotional aspects of cheating. Cheating is not just sex; it can be a betrayal on any level.
Speaking with a counselor in regards to any of these issues you find yourself struggling with can help put the zing back into your relationship. If your libido is low and you are strong and together as a couple, then it is wise to seek help from an Urologist specializing in sexual dysfunction. Many women ask their general gynecologist for help in this area. However, an Urologist specializing in sexual dysfunction is more specialized, and pursues more of the tests necessary to accurately diagnose the problem of women suffering from low libido.
Men and women suffer equally from the emotional and relationship affects of low libido. Women who believe men have it easier in this area or that men aren’t emotional may be surprised to know my counseling practice has a higher ratio of men who suffer than women. It is clear that when one of the partners isn’t happy with their sex life, both partners are negatively affected. –Mary Jo Rapini
For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship
Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Join me weekday Mornings for “Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo” on Fox 26 Houston at 9 A.M
Tags: Low Libido, Sex, Relationships, Causes of Low Libido, Self-Esteem, Body Image, Stress