4. Watch an old movie or listen to old songs, and talk with your spouse about how the movie or song touched you.
5. Go to bed and focus on pleasing the other person, whatever that is…don’t make it about you and your needs. Touching goes a long way with building intimacy.
6. When you are in a crowd or getting attention, make sure you make eye contact with your spouse more than you do the crowd.
7. Tell your spouse frequently what you admire and love about them.
8. Ask your spouse for help with your weaknesses instead of defending them.
9. Revisit the town or restaurant you use to frequent as a new couple. Talk about it and share your first impressions. Tell your spouse how you were feeling at this time. Help them connect to you.
10. When your partner is “down,” no one has more power to build them up or knock them down more than you. Make sure you hold them and tell them you are on their side, and you will beat this together as a team.
Commitment in a marriage is so important, but no one can commit if there isn’t a connection to commit to. Keep working toward and building that connection with intimacy. Everything including your marriage survival, health and mind blowing sex is dependent on the intimate connection you share with your partner. Intimacy NOT sex is the true “Mind Blower”, and it is not in your pants.–Mary Jo Rapini
For more information go to: www.maryjorapini.com
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Join Mary Jo on Tuesday morning at 8a.m. with Maria Todd and Brad Booker on Mix 96.5.
Join me every Thursday Morning on “Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo” on Fox 26 at 9 a.m.