"Where can I meet singles?" This is the number one question I'm asked! Since I'm a matchmaker, it's my job to locate matches for my clients. Through the years, I've found some of the best places for singels to meet. You can pretty much meet your anywhere if you look hard enough, but I will narrow down the search for you. I know your busy and so lets get down to the nitty gritty.
More from YourTango: 10 Things You Should Know About Spike Lee
1. Friends and Family - Back in the day, this was by far the best place to get introduced to new people.. Your friends and family, know your history and know what you like. Nowadays singles are moving away from this valuable resource but I feel it's the best one to use.
2. Social Gatherings - This is a nice and stress-free way for singles to meet. You can meet them at weddings, birthday parties, super bowl parties, housewarmings, etc. Now mix & mingle!
3. School - You can pursue higher learning and a your match as well :-) You can meet someone while attending college, a simple computer course, an art class or anything course that tickles your fancy.
4. Social Media Sites - I know that social media sites have gotten a bad rap through the years but they can be a great resource if you play your cards right. The best site that I've come across is http://www.meetup.com . It's the world's largest network of local groups and a great resource to meet singles. There are too many of them to mention here but there are all sorts of groups geared toward single professionals of all ethnic backgrounds and ages. And it's free to join!
More from YourTango: 5 Things To Consider When Opening Up A Joint Account
5. Co-Ed Sports Leagues - I can't tell you how many times I've spoken to singles who've met through these leagues. It's a great why to stay in shape and meet that special someone. There are many leagues like: soccer, softball, flag football, kickball, etc. You don't have to be Serena Williams or Michael Jordan to join, all you have to do is participate, meet people and have fun.
Get out there and socialize! Leave your comfort zone for a moment and live life. Your perfect match is out there and he/she wants to spend their life with you. Keep the faith and happy hunting!