Time Period Love Vitamin Love Need
1. Conception to birth Vitamin G1 God’s love
2. Birth to seven Vitamin P1 Parents’ love
3. Seven to fourteen Vitamin F Family, friends, & fun
4. Fourteen to twenty-one Vitamin P2 Peers & others with similar goals
5. Twenty-one to twenty-eight Vitamin S Self-love
6. Twenty-eight to thirty-five Vitamin R Relationships & romance
7. Thirty-five to forty-two Vitamin D Loving a dependent
8. Forty-two to forty-nine Vitamin C Giving back to community
9. Forty-nine to fifty-six Vitamin W Giving back to the world
10. Fifty-six and beyond Vitamin G2 Serving God
When couples experience tension the root cause is one or both of the individuals have neglected to nurture their “self” first. Remember when the plane is going down, put the oxygen on yourself first so you don’t pass out before helping others.
More from YourTango: The Courage to Ask for Help
The same goes if you are single and want to be dating. Learn how to fill these love needs by yourself before you jump into a relationship and falsely expect the other person to do the hard work for you. The love vitamin where most people become deficient is: self-love. This mostly has to do with our society’s belief that our romantic relationships should fulfill our every love need.
People in truly healthy and happy relationships, however, know, practice, and understand the individuals in the relationship have to practice self-love before they’re able to tend to the needs of their mate, their kids, and other obligations they take on as they go through life.
More from YourTango: 3 Perfect Valentines Day Gifts For Him & Her
Solution: Consume Needed Love Vitamin