Who knew a beautiful sunny day could lead you to Mr. Right?
Spring is just around the corner. And if you're a single girl who's ready to at least get her feet wet — if not dive all the way in — it's time to figure out a new strategy to getting a guy to ask you out.
According to a study in The Journal of Social Influence, ladies are more likely to give their numbers out on a sunny day. So what's the best way to get a guy to ask you out on a warm day? Here are a few pointers for getting a guy to pursue you on a day fit for your sexiest sundress:
1. Don't sleep in late. Get up and get outside. If you regularly jog or take a morning fitness class ask the guy you have your eye on for something as simple as the time. Inviting him into a conversation may even lead him to asking you for a wheat grass shot after your workout.
2. Let your smile be your best asset. While the study couldn't determine if women are more likely to give their numbers out or men are simply better at flirting when accompanied by sunshine, there is one tip that won't fail. It's actually been proven that smiling makes you feel better, even if you don't have a specific reason to smile.
But now you will! That guy who walked past you just looped back to ask you out and it's probably because you look like a barrel of fun. The most effective way to communicate your mojo without talking is by smiling.
3. Be a good Samaritan. It's also been found that sunshine can make you feel more inclined to help a stranger. See an older woman who needs a little help crossing the street? Offer your arm. Not only do you get karma points from the universe but we're willing to bet the guys having lunch across the street just got some major butterflies in his stomach and probably will want to get to know you a little better.
4. Let your love bloom. Hopefully, you get lucky and the clear sky happens on a Saturday or Sunday so you can plan a picnic with friends, go explore the trail you've been meaning to hike or eat at that new restaurant downtown with the outdoor patio. Getting "out there" in general will boost your odds for meeting someone special.
Most importantly, don't hesitate. You never know what the sunshine is going to bring your way.
More dating advice from YourTango:
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- 30 Bad Relationship Habits You *Desperately* Need To Lose By Age 30