The quest to find Mr. or Ms. Right has become so popular. There seem to be a million online dating sites, matchmaking services, books and talk radio shows on the subject. Everywhere you look, there is some reference to finding the love of your life. But first, I suggest that you take stock and decide why you want a relationship right now. Do any of these reasons ring true?
• I am lonely.
• All of my friends are in a relationship.
• I can't afford to go to nice restaurants unless a man invites me.
• I feel like a loser without a man in my life.
• My mother keeps asking me when I'm going to get married.
• My biological clock is ticking.
• I want to get over my divorce or last relationship.
• I want a man to support me so that I don't have to work anymore.
• I want to get even with someone or make someone jealous.
More from YourTango: The Best (& Worst!) Foodie Date Ideas
Many times people just jump right into a relationship or stay in one with the wrong person because they feel that it's better than being alone. That's why I am inviting you to really look at whether or not you are ready for a relationship right now.
Maybe you just got out of a bad relationship, are recently divorced or had a death in the family and need to heal. There is nothing wrong with being alone and working on yourself to make sure that you are a complete, whole and healthy person who is ready to give your all with the right person.
More from YourTango: Had An Affair? With Time & Effort, You Can Rebuild Trust
I've always liked the saying, "I'd rather be healthy and alone than sick with someone else."