People sometimes ask me, "What is a soul mate?" Everyone wants to find their soul mate and live happily ever after, but relationships can be complicated. Humans have baggage; we have opinions and we have egos. The bottom line is that half of all marriages end in divorce, so something clearly isn't working.
The love of my life is a little, black dog named Macie. Macie got me thinking about what my relationship with my husband might be like if I just followed her lead. With that in mind, here are ten things that dogs can teach us about love:
More from YourTango: Facebook Envy: When Your Negative Feelings Go Too Far
More from YourTango: 5 Tips to Getting Out of An Online Dating Rut
- Dogs live in the moment and enjoy the one they're with. Are you stuck in the past?
- Dogs don't have an ego, so they don't sweat the small stuff. Instead, let it roll right off their backs. Do you dwell?
- Dogs are great listeners. Are you attentive?
- Dogs are loyal;. Do you have a wandering eye?
- Dogs are always affectionate. When was the last time you acted lovingly?
- Dogs appreciate the little things in life. Are you grateful?
- Dogs are always happy to see you, and after a hard day at work, they are always there with a hug and a smile. Are you warm and welcoming?
- Dogs have a playful spiriit and good sense of humor. Are you carefree?
- Dogs don't care what you look like or what kind of car you drive. Are you superficial?
- Dogs love unconditionally. Do you?
More love advice from YourTango: