Your typical coffee date could just get a lot more interesting! Starbucks prepares to evolve into something new as it approaches 40. They have announced that they will soon be offering wine and beer along with cheese and cured meats served on china. I personally predict that Starbucks will be the place that has the most soul mate connections in the nation!
As a matchmaker, I am often asked by my clients, "where should we go on the first date?" I usually never recommend a coffe date for my clients, since they are paying and want to really be able to sit down and get to know a person. Lunch or dinner is always preferable, because you are guaranteed at least an hour to spend with your match. A coffee date could be over in fifteen minutes, which means there is no chemistry for one or both parties and singles are often left feeling bad about themselves. But now, singles can meet at Starbucks, have an appetizer or light meal and a glass of vino together without the pressure of a sit down, fine dining experience.
Ladies, after a guy takes you out a few times, it's nice to reciprocate. You will win a mans heart if you are thoughtful, and don't just expect him to do all the planning... and paying.
Here are ten great second and third date ideas:
1. Get your palms read and then go for coffee and talk about the experience
2. Go bowling. It's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. You can wear your favorite jeans that you look so good in, whilst showing off your "moves."
3. Take a helicopter ride over your city.
4. Play paintball. You will surely score points with your date when he sees that you are willing to get wild and dirty!
5. Go to a local wine tasting.
6. Take a walking tour of your city.
7. Get tickets to see his favorite local band.
8. Go on a great scenic hike.
9. Get moving and take a square or line dancing class.
10. Go to your local kareokee bar. Be brave and get up and sing your favorite song.
Marla Martenson is a matchmaker, author, international speaker, life/dating coach and frequent guest on TV and radio shows around the country. She is th author of three books, including the highly acclaimed book, Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting. You can connect with Marla on her website, www.cupidforhire.com.