6. Let Love In. Research shows that when you receive, your levels of serotonin – the neurotransmitter of well-being and happiness – rise just as much as when you give. The next time someone offers you a gift –a present, a compliment, or some assistance – smile and say thank you, while consciously feeling appreciation in your heart.
7. Live with a Grateful Heart. Start your own gratitude practice by consciously registering and savoring all that you’re receiving right now. Gratitude is the fast track to love. List five things you are grateful for at the end of each day. It turned my life around and it will do the same for yours.
8. Wish Others Well. Try "beaming love" to people—your friends and family, as well as strangers you pass in the street. It fills your own heart in the process. 4 Love Lessons From Gandhi
9. Listen for the Subtitles. Create a safe space for others to communicate with you by being sensitive to the unspoken feelings and needs that underlie people's words. When you listen from your heart, your body's fear system shuts off, culturing more compassion and love.
10. Plug in to a Larger Heart. Love thrives when we feel at peace inside. Recharge your spiritual batteries through silence, meditation, or prayer. Tapping into this inner wellspring of spirit will boost your capacity to experience Love for No Reason by a factor of infinity.
Use these tips to create magic in your life this year. When you’re open-hearted and loving, you attract the good, because you’re radiating the good. What could be more magical than that?
By Marci Shimoff. Adapted from Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love (Free Press, December 2010). Love for No Reason offers a breakthrough approach to experiencing a lasting state of unconditional love—the kind of love that doesn't depend on another person, situation, or romantic partner, and that you can access at any time and in any circumstance. This is the key to lasting joy and fulfillment in life.
Order Love for No Reason now and receive the Love for No Reason Bonus Gift Package free at www.TheLoveBook.com
Follow Marci on Twitter @Marci_Shimoff.