It began innocently enough. Mission: Great Sex! our Global Condom Review & Safe Sex Initiative with over 1,100 participants in 21 countries.
More from YourTango: He Said, She Said: 10 Things We Wish We Learned In Sex Ed.
Simply put: to bust widely held condom myths once and for all.
We sent out the call: seeking men and women – internationally – in every possible demographic to participate in testing and reviewing the world's best condoms. Our initiative intended to be the most comprehensive condom review ever conducted. And it was!
Next, we sent applicants fully customized, FREE premium condom samplers – based on size requirements, personal preferences, and filled with condoms from around the world (most our reviewers had never heard of much less tried) – in exchange for their brutally honest feedback. Our safer sex connoisseurs tested 95% of the condoms we carry.
WHAT WE DISCOVERED
1. Access to the proper size, premium condoms –mixed with quite a bit of personal exploration– leads to finding the perfect condom. You need to sample as many different top-rated condoms as possible until you have your own personal "Eureka" moment.
2. What makes a perfect condom?! Each person’s sexiest condom is a highly personal experience. One person’s favorite condom might be another person's least favorite condom.
More from YourTango: Does Penis Size Really Matter When It Comes to Pleasure?
3. It is incredibly difficult to select the perfect condom intuitively. The condom you "think" you are going to love rarely matches with what you actually love. Often what sounds exciting isn't...and what sounds "Ho-hum" can sometimes be "Oh-yeah!" We can't tell you how many of our initial participants were excited to try textured condoms and then found out they preferred "ultra-thin", and vice versa.
THE FINAL RESULTS
We sent out these personally customized, premium condom samplers...and then what?! While we had hoped for great results, nothing could have prepared us for the wildly awesome, mind blowing feedback our intrepid global safe sex champions delivered!
• 97% of all participants stated they were introduced to brands they'd never heard – which led to them finding their favorite condom;
• 86% of participants stated that exploring different condoms improved and added adventure to their sex life;
• 68% learned that they were using the wrong size condom - and found that using the correct size condom dramatically improved their pleasure;
• 94% of participants stated they would recommend exploring different condoms to their friends; and,
96% of participants stated that Mission: Great Sex! improved their opinion of and relationship to condoms.