- Gain an understanding of how personal thinking works.
- Ask “your person” to describe what they think constitutes a great best friend, and then listen with your heart, not your head.
- Listen without judgment, criticism, or analysis. Listen deeply --- for their experience, not your own thoughts about it.
- Listen for how they feel; not for what you think they need and how you can help them -- that’s your thinking!
- Stay calm and centered; just listen.
- Slow dance to~~ Shelby Lynn’s rendition of, “I only want to be with you.”
NEED HELP?Find an Expert
Study Reveals How Friends Are Actually The Best Lovers
Recent Expert Posts
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for youSee more resources>
5 Times Getting Back With Your Ex Is A Good Ideaby thestir.cafemom.com
8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jayby madamenoire.com
Reinventing Yourself Vs. Changing For Someone Elseby eharmony.com
Celebs Who Underwent Dramatic Breast Augmentationby theberry.com
How To Get Over Unrequited Loveby bettyconfidential.com
6 Ways To Meet Cute Guys Over The Summerby hercampus.com
FROM OUR PARTNERS