Can a good sex life lead to better overall health? According to a WebMD.com feature article, regular sex with your partner has some fascinating health benefits that include more intimacy and togetherness, reduced stress levels, burned calories and increased endorphins (better than a trip to the gym).
Boredom in the Bedroom
More from YourTango: 5 Reasons to Keep Your Relationship Troubles a Secret
Regular sex with your partner doesn’t have to mean boring, predictable, missionary-position sex every Wednesday night and sometimes on holidays. Boring sex is a recipe for disaster in a relationship, and chances are if you’re bored, so is your partner. Boredom in the bedroom can lead to all sorts of problems in a relationship including arguments over nothing, lack of communication, lack of confidence, feeling undesirable and worst of all, temptation to cheat or seek other modes of satisfaction. Don’t let your relationship die out; recharge it with these 5 shock treatment therapies that are sure to stimulate your sex life and increase the bond between you:
- Greet him at the door in sexy lingerie. If that’s not possible, surprise him at work by covering your hot panties in an overcoat – walk up and flash him when no one else is looking. You’ll both feel naughty and hot.
- Bring some toys to bed and invite him to play. He’ll love the surprise. You can easily and discretely order toys online and no one has to know.
- Talk dirty. No, you don’t have to curse like a truck driver, and dirty talk doesn’t have to mean raunchy. If you think you’ll be too embarrassed to talk dirty, try coming up with something you’re comfortable saying and practice it in front of the mirror in your sexiest “whisper” voice.
- Role play. A fantasy sex life is a fun sex life. Being the naughty nurse can be just what the doctor ordered. Be the sexy “sexetary” who loves to take dictation. Buy a cheap pair of glasses and a lab coat and ask if he’s interested in a little experimentation.
- Sexting. If you know how to be sexy and you know how to text, then you know how to sext. Send your honey some suggestive, juicy messages that are sure to get his full attention.
Turning up the Dial
Of course, these are only suggestions. If you find them too wild and crazy for you, then just remember that the real trick to giving your sex life some shock treatment is to think outside of the box and step beyond your normal boundaries. For you and your partner, that might mean the reintroduction of foreplay, trying a different position, or just switching Wednesdays to Tuesdays (or both). It’s all about you and your partner taking it to the next level.
More from YourTango: Meditation: The 15-Minute Life Changer
Start enjoying the benefits of good health and great sex today. You’ll be quite pleased with the results both in and out of the bedroom.
[WebMD.com article, “10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex” By Kathleen Doheny - WebMD Feature Reviewed by Marina Katz, MD]