High school and college graduations are approaching. Parents, grandparents and other relatives and friends of high school or college students often struggle to find an appropriate gift for graduation. Just giving money to a graduate doesnt seem to be enough.
The gift book, Ready or Not, Tips for the New Grad is way to inspire the graduate to live to their full potential. The book is easy to read with each page having only a few sentences of advice. At the end of the book, there is a suggested reading list of great books as well as a dream list. The graduate can record 101 dreams and then check them off as they occur in their life.
Writing a personal message to a graduate is also a good way to acknowledge this special event. Here are a few ideas of tips for graduates that you can borrow and craft into your own words to place in a card or letter:
- Dare to dream so big that your dream will live on beyond you.
- Martin Luther King had a dream…He said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." His remarkable speech and legacy lives on beyond his time on earth in his physical body.
- What is your dream?
- Don't let anyone steal your dreams!
Write your Goals on Paper!
- Get a focus or a definitive purpose and write it down on a note card or in a journal.
- Pick a goal that has a sweet spot.
- A sweet spot stretches you and is something that gets you really excited and that you truly believe is possible.
- You must have faith it can happen for you.
- Look at that written goal every day, first thing in the morning, mid day and right before going to sleep at night.
- Repeat that habit until the goal is achieved and then set a new goal!
Be Careful about Who You Listen to!
- Listen to someone who has what you want and has been where you're at now.
- Find a mentor or coach.
- Be teachable and continue to learn.
- Read books and attend self-improvement and self-development events and courses.
- Always be learning!
Your Mind is Your Most Valuable Asset!
- Every thought you think creates the world around you.
- Your attitude and your choices all add up to the reality you live in today.
- Think positive and you will attract favorable events, circumstances, opportunities and people to you that are in alignment with your good attitude.
- Look for the good in the world and the people around you.
- You can be, do or have anything you want!
- Focus your mind upon it!
- Never give up!
Let's connect on Facebook or Twitter and I'll share more healthy dating and relationship tips with you. And learn more about me and the books I have written by visiting my website: www.LisaJShultz.com.
More life coach advice on YourTango:
- Tap Into Success, Confidence & More With A Life Coach
- Why Do I Need A Life Coach?
- What Do Women Want?