Ask yourself one question at a time. Each time I sit with pen in hand and journal in lap, I ask myself a question. I’ve listed some that have come up over the years. You may choose to ask the same question every night for a week and see what surfaces. I’d love to hear your suggestions, too!
• How have I been blessed today?
• What progress did I make toward my goals today?
• What makes me happy?
• What were my favorite things to do when I was a kid?
• What is my biggest regret? (Yes, we all have them, even if we have the higher consciousness to say that our “mistakes” taught us our greatest lessons. Hey! You can journal on that afterward!)
• If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be?
• What makes me a good parent?
• How could I be a better spouse?
• Who do I need to forgive?
• When did I judge myself harshly today?
• If someone criticizes me, how do I respond?
• What do I make it mean when I am rejected?
More from YourTango: My Journal: Best Friend, Companion, Healer
Whew! Okay, that’s enough for now. But I’ve got hundreds! I often post these thought-provoking questions on my facebook page so if you haven’t joined the community yet, come on over and feel free to ask questions and provide feedback. That’s where I get the ideas for my articles so if you’ve got a burning question about his topic or another, fire away!
I am serious when I say that my journal has healed my heart many times over. It is a practice that I have kept up for years because of the tremendous benefits. I trust you will find the answers you seek as well as the grace and confidence to move through life transitions and create a life that excites you just as I have.
Yours in possibility,
More from YourTango: Summer Lovin': 5 Tips To Rekindle Romance
PS - I've recently talked about how journaling can heal relationships on my weekly video series, Wednesday's WooHoo! Check it out here and sign up for your weekly tip to bring more joy into your life right here!