When a house has been for sale a while without any attention...
Sometimes just taking it the property off of the market and relisting it a few weeks or months later will do the trick. Sometimes owners use that time to fix the house up a little.
Dating can be very similar. When you've been "on the market" for several months and nothing is happening, it might be time to take a break. But when?
Here are my top five signs it might be time to take yourself off the market.
- When you're gut honest, you know you aren't the kind of person you want to date. Like attracts like. If you're wanting someone in your life that you aren't a vibrational match for, it's time to take yourself off the market and do some vibrational maintenance.
- When you privately find yourself expecting the worst. If you've got thoughts like, "Things never work out anyway", "All the good ones are taken", or "All men are jerks", it's time to take yourself off the market.
- When your dating life feels like Groundhog Day—all the dates look and sound the same and none of it's fun—it's time to take yourself off the market.
- When you are trying to date while still thinking about your ex, in a longing, sad sort of way, or an angry, vengeful way, it's time to take yourself off the market.
- When you aren't enjoying being single, believe it or not, it's time to take yourself off the market. Dating because you need someone in your life to be happy is not the kind of energy you want to bring to the table. The best relationships are built when two people with full and happy lives of their own come together to share. "You complete me" is a myth that breaks hearts.
Lisa Hayes C.Ht. is the Love Whisperer. She is a Law of Attraction Relationship Coach and author of The Passion Plan and Escape from Relationship Hell. She specializes in helping people get the love they want, no matter where they are in their lives. You can find her at her digit home, www.lisamhayes.com. Get her free audio, How to Talk to a Man, HERE.
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 10 Dating Tips I Wish I'd Followed While I Was Single
- Love: Advice & Tips
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Should Know