The key to having a sweet love.
Article one of this four part series discussed the first of the Four Life Levels: Self -Expression.
This article discusses the second life level: Relationships.
Parents, friends, family, co-workers, even strangers you pass on the street, sit next to on the bus, or stand behind you at the food market have the potential of influencing how you feel in the moment. It is truly amazing how quickly our happy disposition can be transformed into feelings of anger, frustration, humiliation, or fear at the drop of another’s words or actions.
Having said that, how we express ourselves with others is usually a good indicator of how we might show up in a relationship that we want to last a lifetime. How could it be any other way? For example, if you find yourself saying yes when you really want to say no, take the behaviors of others to heart, need to always have things your way, or have difficulty forgiving yourself or others. . . expressing the other side of these behaviors when you meet someone who makes your heart sing will be almost impossible. In fact, the more important the person is to you, the more likely you will find yourself behaving in ways that do not support the kind of love you want at all, especially when you are confronted with situations or circumstances that stir up negative emotions that you are not sure how to manage, reduce, or resolve.
Want a sweet love relationship? As you nurture the relationship you have with yourself, the promise of a sweet lasting love is yours, along with healthier relationships with your family, friends, co-workers, and people you have brief encounters with. Not sure where to begin?
Here are 5 tips to help you with that . . .
- Remember who you really are; divine, worthy, valuable.
- Identify the behaviors you find yourself participating in that hurt your relationships with others.
- Identify what you think and feel before saying or doing something you will later regret or creates anxiety in you.
- Be compassionate with yourself as you begin to uncover behaviors that up until now have been preventing you from having the absolute most amazing love you have ever known.
- Get grounded and heart focused as you ease back into the truth of who you are before reacting from a place that is reactive, nonproductive, and the result of hurtful past experiences.
For more information on how your relationship with yourself and others influences the quality of love relationship you attract and what to do about it, visit my personal blog at http://blog.leeannhawkins.com.
This article contains experts from my book, Find Love and Last! 7 Steps to Attracting the Sweetest Love You Have Ever Known! and originated from: Relationships: How they Impact the Quality of Love Relationships we Attract, Keep or Loose.