I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot...And I missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely...Why I succeed.
What is Michael Jordan talking about?
Are you a success? Do you wonder what that means, what it looks like? I have been listening to a series of interviews with "The Masters of The Secret". These are men and women who are successful in so many ways. I love listening to them and I wish them more and more success.
I have noticed that there is a bigger than ever focus on Law of Attraction right now. If you are like many folks, being exposed to this and working to make it a fit in your life, I have a few ideas for you to think about.
The Law of Attraction may be in the news, but it isn't new! It has always been working in all our lives. With the internet and so many avenues for sharing ideas, this law (think of it as a law like the law of gravity) is getting lots of press and we all stand to benefit.
I noticed that Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichol, James Ray, and all the folks on these interviews are wealthy and successful people who have risen to handle many challenges to get where they are today. Here are some things I see them having in common that make them "successes":
- They set out to accomplish something: write a best seller, help business people succeed, help teens feel good about themselves, etc
- They got rich doing what they love, then kept going, looking for more ways to expand and grow their ideas and do more good in the world
- They enjoy their wealth and are not ashamed of it, but they don't see it as the main focus. They love what they can do with their money to help themselves and others
- They did a lot of research, study, asking questions, being unreasonable in the process of finding their way and they are willing to share what they know
- They believe there is enough to go around for everyone and that everyone can do what they did if they have the committment
Please, don't think that these people are different than you and me. I bet, if we had met them when they were not so rich or so famous, we would still have left our meeting with the sense that we had just met someone who is "a success".
Success is an attitude and you can have it right now! What if you made a decision right now, that you are a success?
- Make a list of all the things you can think of that you have succeeded at in your life. (nothing is too small to count).
- Now decide that you will continue to be a success at all that you do. (Remember the Michael Jordan quote above)
- Study the work of people you admire, rejoice in their success, knowing that you can do it, too.
- Start living your life from this moment on, thinking and believing "I am a success! " and end each day with a list of all the successes you had.
- Remember that where you focus your attention is where you are creating your future. But, also, remember that it goes beyond thought. Take inspired action to support your beliefs.
- If you are having trouble shifting to really believing in yourself, I have some great tools to help you. Sometimes we need a little shift in our subconscious programming to get new beliefs in place.