I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot...And I missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely...Why I succeed.
More from YourTango: Empowering Teens - School Is Not One Size Fits All
What is Michael Jordan talking about?
Are you a success? Do you wonder what that means, what it looks like? I have been listening to a series of interviews with "The Masters of The Secret". These are men and women who are successful in so many ways. I love listening to them and I wish them more and more success.
I have noticed that there is a bigger than ever focus on Law of Attraction right now. If you are like many folks, being exposed to this and working to make it a fit in your life, I have a few ideas for you to think about.
The Law of Attraction may be in the news, but it isn't new! It has always been working in all our lives. With the internet and so many avenues for sharing ideas, this law (think of it as a law like the law of gravity) is getting lots of press and we all stand to benefit.
More from YourTango: The Brain In Your Heart
I noticed that Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichol, James Ray, and all the folks on these interviews are wealthy and successful people who have risen to handle many challenges to get where they are today. Here are some things I see them having in common that make them "successes":
- They set out to accomplish something: write a best seller, help business people succeed, help teens feel good about themselves, etc
- They got rich doing what they love, then kept going, looking for more ways to expand and grow their ideas and do more good in the world
- They enjoy their wealth and are not ashamed of it, but they don't see it as the main focus. They love what they can do with their money to help themselves and others
- They did a lot of research, study, asking questions, being unreasonable in the process of finding their way and they are willing to share what they know
- They believe there is enough to go around for everyone and that everyone can do what they did if they have the committment