Okay, so I think I am forming a plan here. When I see Sweet Girl this afternoon, I will fight my baser instinct to tell her to tell him to go to hell, that if he doesn't appreciate her there are a million more who will (frighteningly true), or that if she ignores him he'll come crawling back (yeah, my mind went there). Instead, I will hold her and let her know I get it - not him or his actions, but the hurt. I do get it. And I will remind her that no matter what happens with Sam, she will be okay. That, I know.
What do you tell a six year-old when her heart is broken?
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
FROM AROUND THE WEB