So far so good! Here's the potential rub: although you could be off on a journey that lasts a lifetime, you might also be off on a journey that lasts a little while but ends terribly because you've discovered something about your partner that the chemistry masked in the beginning. What started out as a storybook romance ends with you experiencing any number of the following conditions. How many can you relate to?
- My partner and I have frequent misunderstandings.
- My partner drains me of energy.
- My partner doesn't get my sense of humor.
- I don't really connect with my partner's friends.
- My partner either can't keep up with me or won't slow down for me.
- We don't see eye to eye about money.
- Sex started out good, but things are very different now.
- I am sexually unfulfilled.
- I don't feel desired or I don't have the same desire for my partner as he/she has for me.
More than one of these has been true for more than half the population. But why? The reason is because half of us have broken pickers. Our attractions are false. The chemistry we experience is very real but it leads us astray. It's no wonder the divorce rate is so high! Is Sex Addiction Just A Myth?
So, what can we do about it? I'll answer that question in Part II. Stay tuned!
More juicy content from YourTango: