In our fast-paced, throwaway society, it's easy to just throw something away because you've had it a while or you're just simply tired of it. When you spring clean your life, the question to ask yourself is whether or not each of these areas is serving you or if it's time for something new! Here are 12 areas to consider.
1. Finances: Review the financial aspects of your life. Are you where you want to be? Do you have habits that support or sabotage what you want? What are you already doing well? What would you like to do even better? What needs polishing, cleaning, laundering or fixing? What do you need to throw out to make room for the new? Will Money Ruin Your Relationship?
More from YourTango: 50 Ways To Improve Your Sexual Connection Tonight
2. Relationships: Sometimes when we do a careful review of our relationships, we find ourselves connected to people who really don't nurture us, but instead drain us. Can you eliminate those people from your life or at least greatly diminish the amount of time you spend with them? Do you have the strong, healthy support network you want to help you be successful? Are you investing the kind of time in your relationships you want? Do you get a good return on your investment? What are you already doing well in your relationships? What, if anything, would you like to do even better?
3. Your Knowledge Base: What are your learning goals for the year? Are you setting goals to learn about things that will help you in your life or are you trying to learn things that might be better handled by someone else operating in their expertise? What are your strengths in knowledge? Where are your gaps? What do you need to throw out to make room for the new?
4. Health: Good health is a stated priority for many, but often our behavior doesn't add up. Are you as healthy as you'd like to be? What habits do you have that are helping in the health department? What habits might need to be abandoned or changed in order to get the results you want? Health Help: What Does 'Eating Well' Really Mean?
More from YourTango: The Dirty Dozen! 12 Fatal Relationship Errors
5. Your Beliefs/Faith: Our beliefs about things really dictate the actions we take. Sometimes our beliefs serve us and sometimes they don't. It's time to look in your belief closet and determine which ones should stay, which ones can be packed up for the Good Will and which need to be thrown away. Keep the ones that help you, adjust the ones that need adjusting and toss out the ones that get in your way.
6. Service to Others: We are all put here on this Earth to be of service to others. How are you fulfilling your mission? Are you pleased with your level of service to others? What are you doing well? What would you like to improve? You may want to dust off some old behavior or create new ones. Hot Date Idea From Prince William & Kate: Volunteer!