These six steps are the secret to a healthy, long-lasting relationship.
From newlyweds to those celebrating their 50th anniversary, all couples can use these six simple and essential secrets to create a truly rewarding and loving relationship.
- If you want something, ask for it.
- If you like something, appreciate it.
- If you are stuffing something, let it out gently.
- If you are blowing up, tone it down.
- If you feel disconnected, reach out.
- If you see a need, fill it.
Usually it is the small, simple rules you follow that make things go smoothly and beautifully. Don't hesitate to ask your partner for something you want. Make sure you tell your loved one what you appreciate in and about them. When you have a feeling, treat it with care and share it appropriately. If you are feeling alone or far away, reconnect with your partner. When a need comes up, fill it if you can, or speak with your partner on how you can take care of it together.
Even though these six tips are simple, they will harmonize your relationship when you feel disharmony and more fully connect you both even in the good times. They are the basis for any good relationship. For more in-depth and fun relationship coaching, don't hesitate to contact Kim Leatherdale, because lifelong love is not just a fairytale!
More relationships advice from YourTango
- Why Men Are More Distant Than Women In Relationships
- A New Twist On The 80/20 Rule For Relationships
- Find A Relationship Expert