Do you feel as if you can talk about making changes but have a hard time making them stick? Days might keep going by and soon months and nothing has really happened? Whether you are trying to make changes in a job, with your significant other, with your children or just something you'd like to create for yourself personally, making lasting change in your life is difficult without a concrete action plan.
When you are ready to make a plan for change, use the following checklist to help:
1. Decide on ONE change at a time.
2. Keep it simple and practical (don't try to do it all at once!)
3. Be realistic
4. Be specific
5. Set a timeline
6. Determine what it is you want to be doing instead (do not just focus on what you are changing).
7. Did I say be specific?!
8. Create an action plan
9. Set a realistic timeline for your goals
10. Have accountability. Who are your greatest supporters? Enlist the support of others to help you to obtain lasting changes in your life.
For more information or a consultation, contact me at (858) 204-2599. www.kimjonescounseling.com