4. Don't put things off. It's all too easy to say I'll do x when y is done. You never know what is round the corner so strike now. Waiting too long can lead to regrets.
5. Focus on all your positive features like sparkly eyes, great ankles, lovely nails, or your hair and not the parts of you that you aren't so fond of.
6. Stop doing things because you feel you ought to, only do the things that give you pleasure. That doesn't mean becoming self-centered because doing things for others is often a pleasure. What it does mean is that you are not ground down by negative activities that drain you.
7. Be kind to yourself. It's Ok to feel tired, be unsure, or even on occasions knocked off course. Accept that's where you, re focus on what it is that you want and go back on your journey to achieve it.
* Live the Life You Love at 50+ - A Handbook for Career and Life Success published by McGraw-Hill. Keren Smedley runs Experience Matters offering advice on empowering the 50+. Call 0207 700 6623 or visit www.experiencematters.org.uk