Beyonce & Jay-Z's Grammy performance certainly inspired us to try out some new moves.
When Beyonce opened for the Grammy's this past Sunday, nothing seemed out of the ordinary since she has performed for the Grammy's before, with the last coming in 2010's 52nd Annual Awards show.
What was out of the ordinary was the raw, edgy, hyper-sexual performance that kicked off the night of many collaborations. Why you may ask? Part of it can be based on her song choice, "Drunk in Love," which has sexually charged lyrics. But another part was that she performed with the multi-talented Jay-Z, who happens to be her husband. Even though I am not the biggest Beyonce fan, I still had to give them a standing ovation because that perfomance could help spice up any marriage.
Here are 4 ways the Beyonce & Jay-Z performance could spice up your marriage.
- Ladies, send your husband a racy poem or perform a sexy karaoke. In the June 2003 issue of Oprah Magazine, Dr. Phil mentioned that men are visual, so if he can picture how the evening is going to go, or what you plan to do to him, it will help enhance the lovemaking later that evening.
- And don't forget your sexy outfit. This should go without saying. I know it's going this time of year, especially with the Polar Vortex hanging over the United States, but thermals just won't work. Giving your partner something to work towards will bring out a little more fire in him. Men love a little competition if they know they will win the ultimate prize.
- Men, you should dress up, too. When I talk to couples, especially men, I tell them that preparing for a night of love shouldn't just fall on the ladies. If you noticed Jay-Z wasn't dressed in his normal rapper gear — he had on a tux. Your partner will appreciate when you wear your best. It will show her that you have taken some thought into the evening and planned accordingly.
- Treat her like a lady. As Beyonce and Jay-Z began walking down the steps to the stage outfit, Jay-Z made a point to escort her. That was a very nice touch because he could've walked down on his own. As your evening winds down, and you know that your are preparing an evening of lovemaking, don't run ahead of your partner and jump on the bed. Escort her! Gently carry her if you have to. It will make all the difference!
Dressing up and paying closer attention to each other will improve your marriage, whether you're a pop star or not. Give it a shot and see where it takes you. At the very least, you'll have a sexy and passionate night with your partner!
More marriage educator on YourTango:
- The 50 Best Marriage Tips, Ever
- 5 Marriage Mistakes That Lead To Divorce
- 11 Kinky Sex Ideas For Freaky Fun!