Is there something new you would like to see happen in your life this year?
Here is one of the questions I often get asked by clients who are working on their Visions.
“ how do I choose what I want to include”
Some ask this because they don’t think they know what they want, others inquire because they have too many wonderful ideas and desires that they are overwhelmed and get exhausted before they even start.
I have many tools and exercises in my bag of vision creating tricks that address those questions.
The one I like best is the Vision Wheel. What is a Vision Wheel- and how can I get one you may be asking?
If you give me just 3 minutes more of your attention I will walk you through the steps of creating your very own Vision Wheel.
The purpose of the Vision Wheel is to help you activate your imagination, connect with your heart.
If you don’t know what you want to have happen this year you will see new possibilities.
If you have a plethora of ideas on what would make your life more fulfilling, the wheel will help you sort through the many options and settle on the most important areas.
Now that you know the purpose and have committed to giving yourself 3 minutes to let go of everything but imagining your ideal year, lets begin shall we.
1. Draw a circle on a piece of paper or your computer screen.
2. Make 6 or 8 pieces of pie in the circle.
3. Put into each piece of pie one area of your life that you would like to improve.
Once you have the pieces filled in take a few seconds to inhabit each one.
You might ask yourself these questions:
· What would it be like to have that area improved?
· What would be different?
· What would it take to make the changes needed?
4. Now-choose three areas where you experienced the most juice. What areas sparked your imagination? What area brought that kind of excitement that had you sit up in your chair a bit. Which one brought you peace when you imagined it done?
5. Here is the most important step-now make a commitment to focusing on those three areas for this year.
Okay I know the three minutes are up!
It could be that it has been 5 or 10 minutes you have lingered here, in the land of make believe with me. I appreciate that and hope it was worthwhile.
Its time to go back to work, but before you do make note of your new goals and be sure to put them some place you can continue to play with them and bring them to life.