Follow these rules to increase your chances of success!
A goal is a target on which you focus and put your time and effort toward achieving. There are five essential steps to realizing your goals. Achieving a goal can take longer and require more commitment than you realize. Self-empowerment and motivation are terrific tools to help steer you toward your vision, which will lead you to your target.
Some people believe that when they fail in achieving a goal, it ends the existence of their goal. But this is not true at all! Failing to achieve a goal provides you with the opportunity to go back to the drawing board, redefine your goal and refuel the spirit of your motivation. Here are five steps you can take to improve your odds of success:
1. Never allow failure to enter into your description or definition of success. Instead, replace the term "failure" with the with the term "reset." You did not fail at achieving your goal, you simply must reset the goal you had. Where you are today is not where you were when you initially established the goal. The growth you've achieved means that resetting your goal today makes it that much more achievable.
Your attitude has a lot to do with achieving your goal. A positive attitude, coupled with a few other factors like determination, always equals success. Attitude also gives you the spirit of victory, since you can make and find ways to rejuvenate and keep yourself on track in the face of adversity.
2. Keep your attitude positive, even during the most challenging of times. You need to always believe in yourself, your capabilities and your uniqueness. When you are able to recognize your ability and potential, there is nothing that can hold you back from your goals.
3. Believe in yourself. Know that the decisions you're making along the way are truly in support of your success. If the goal is not achieved, refer to step one.
Develop realistic and achievable goals. Have measureable objectives and clearly defined steps. With clarity you are able to increase your passion and zeal, enabling you to accomplish your desired goals.
4. Clearly define the steps you need to take to achieve your goals you've outlined for yourself. Setting time to review, analyze and adjust your objectives, as well as monitor your progress to date will support making even better decisions along your journey. The goal you've set needs to align with your skills and capability; your readiness to edit and modify your objectives and strategies better increase your odds to realizing your goal.
5. Make time to review, adjust and fine tune your vision, milestones and ultimate goal. Success is a strong motivator, but it is not enough. However, when you're faced with challenges or encounter problems and your feelings toward your goal becomes less passionate, don't lose focus. You need to embrace these difficulties and consider them trials and stepping stones, since they make the whole process succeed. By acknowledging the strengths and weaknesses, you are able to work on them. It is very important to remember Step 2 (rely on the positive side).
Whenever you set goals, remember it may not always be an easy process. Therefore, keep your eye on the goal and remember these five simple steps you can take to increase your odds for success:
1. Remove the word "fail/failure" and replace with "reset";
2. Positive attitude;
3. Belief in yourself;
4. Clearly outline your milestones and steps; and
5. Set aside time regularly to review where you are and how you're doing.
When you continue to do the work necessary, your path is clear and your mind is set for success. Then you need to remember to celebrate the success you experienced each day on your journey and enjoy every step along the way. Don't rush to cross far-off bridges. You need to remember how far you've come and keep what you have invested in mind before ever giving up. And if you get to that point of wanting to give up, then call me ASAP!
Until next time, embrace your inner wisdom.