Four ways to meet guys when the weather gets warm.
If you do a Google images search of the word "springtime," pages come up full of colorful wildflowers, fluffy animals and couples enjoying romantic outdoor moments. So, forget about those New Year's resolutions. Springtime is about new beginnings, shedding old habits, cleaning out your closet and finding new love.
"Finding love in the spring?" you might ask yourself. Why, yes! The spring is as great a time as any for renewed spirits and finding a potential suitor. Let's take a look at some of the ways you can find love in the springtime:
1. Get outside. Enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine. After all, it's what you've been looking forward to all winter. Chances are you probably spent the past few months indoors, so get out of your house, apartment or condo and take a walk. It's amazing the conversations you'll have by just strolling through your neighborhood. You never know; Mr. Right could be right next door.
2. Choose a new hobby. One of the best ways to meet people is by doing things you enjoy. Take a painting class, join the local community garden or take up kayaking. By doing what you love, you'll find similar people with similar interests.
3. Become a volunteer. If you're an altruistic person, spend those few extra hours of daylight saving time to do good for someone else. Ask your neighbors to pitch in on a book drive for the local library, enlist your Facebook friends to cook a feast for the homeless shelter or volunteer to plant flowers at the Boys & Girls Club down the road.
4. Get active. Bathing suit season is only a few months away, so why not spend the spring getting ready? Studies show exercise is an excellent way to boost your endorphins — resulting in better moods and reduced stress. So, grab a running buddy or commit to riding your bicycle instead of driving your car. You'll look hot and feel better about yourself, so members of the opposite sex will automatically take notice.
American fashion designer Lilly Pulitzer once said, "Despite the forecast, live like it's spring." Sure, we should live every day to the fullest, but it's just a bit easier when surrounded by vibrant flowers and birds chirping. So, get out of your house, get active, take up a new hobby and don't be surprised if your next suitor is working on the garden plot next door.
More love advice from YourTango:
- Why Can't I Find A Relationship?
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Know He's Head-Over-Heels For You
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have