The countdown to Valentines Day has begun. Are you prepared?
It's mid-January and we're just a month away from Valentines Day. The stores are stocking up with holiday chocolates and red velvet candy boxes, all while people are still reviewing their New Year's resolutions.
As if the pressure from the holiday season wasn't enough, happy couples are thinking about February 14, while singles are starting to dread Valentines Day and anxiety is mounting. Whether you like Valentines Day or hate it, one thing is certain, it's a day that means as much to women as the Super Bowl does for men.
So, be gentle on yourself and consider these tips to help the month slide into Valentines, regardless of your relationship status and however you decide to celebrate the day.
1. You don't need a date. It's not the end of the world if you're dateless on Valentines Day. If you're in a relationship that has run its course, don't be afraid to let it go. Some stay together, using Valentines Day as a measuring stick. Wondering whether the guy you're dating will ask you out or if your beau is ready to say, "I love you" is enough to make anyone feel anxious. You're better off alone than in a relationship that's on it's way out the door.
2. Plan a girls' night out. Whether you schedule a night on the town and wear black if you're in mourning, or red if you're feeling hot, there's nothing like a good dose of girlfriend power to help you enjoy the season. Celebrate by dressing up, having lunch with the girls, going to a movie and creating a party of your own. Keep reading ...
More Valentines Day ideas from YourTango:
- 10 Awesome Valentines Day Gifts For Him
- 10 Valentine's Day Ideas That Kick Netflix And Chill's A$$
- 9 Clever And Unique Valentine's Day Ideas That Your Honey Will LOVE