Contrary to what Hollywood tries to tell you, love is not just about finding a romantic partner.
This is understandable; Hollywood sells love, sex, and romance, and they do it well. Companies use these concepts of romantic love to sell everything from cars to perfumes to hamburgers. And as a result, we've become a society so obsessed with finding one perfect person and "partnering up," that we've forgotten how to fall in love in other ways ... like with our LIFE, for instance.
The feeling of falling in love is not dependent on having a romantic partner. You can enjoy that fuzzy feeling in all sorts of wonderful ways. So if you're feeling left out of the "in-love" crowd, or if your passion for your current romantic partner has faded, read on for seven exciting, unique ways to fall in love:
1. Animal Love: Pets are the best, whether its your dog, cat, bird, snake or other pet. All living beings have love to give, and your pet is no exception. And besides, the love of animals is unconditional, whereas many people find it difficult to give that sort of love. You know your favorite fluffball will love you even on your worst days.
2. Kid Love: Nothing warms the heart like the sweet babies and happy children. Granted, it's sometimes harder to fall in love with your teenager, but wait a few years and the feeling may come back. Watch as your children grow and discover the world around them, and let your heart be filled.
3. BFF Love: What's not to love about your best friend. Of course, this doesn't mean you have a free pass to sleep with him or her! If you do experience that desire, don't act on it.
4. Hero Love: Your favorite author, actor, recording artist, or professional athlete. And no, this doesn't mean you have permission to stalk them or harbor any delusions that they love you back. But hero worship is sometimes inspiring.
5. Family Love: Your favorite grandparent, aunt or other family member who makes you feel loved and special. Go spend time with the people who know you best and enjoy that amazing bond only loving families have.
6. Career Love: Yes, some people really do fall in love with their work and the difference they make in the world. Loving your career is one of the most rewarding and fruitful things you can do.
7. Love Being YOU: Your life and life itself is pretty amazing. If you can fall in love with life—your life—then you'll live each day with a full and open heart. Doesn't that sound wonderful?
Make it a point to "fall in love" today. It feels good, regardless of who or what the object of your affection is. Take advantage of the heart's unique ability to give and receive love unconditionally, and in so many wonderful ways.