1. Breastfeeding decreases the risk for chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, breast cancer and ovarian cancer
2. By feeding your baby breast milk, you will increase your calorie expenditure, which may lead to a quicker return to pre-baby weight
3. Faster shrinking of the uterus
4. Breastfeeding will significantly reduce postpartum bleeding and delay the return of the menstrual cycle
5. Decrease the risk of postpartum depression
6. Enhance self-esteem in the maternal role
7. Decrease time and money
8. Lower health care costs ($150 billion increase in medical costs each year in US for formula fed infants)
9. Is so much handier and energy efficient
10. Infant formula costs $7 each day or $2,555 for a year. This money can be spent on furniture, clothing, vacations, school or other wants of the family.
11. Breastfed babies waste products and dirty diapers don’t smell bad. It is not until food is introduced that the aroma becomes strong.
12. Increases infant and mother bonding and attachment. This attachment will enhance or hinder relationships all the rest of the child’s life.
13. It is a wonderful excuse to sit down, put your feet up and just enjoy your baby.
If you are expecting a baby, please consider breastfeeding as one of the most important steps you will take as you begin the fun process of Raising Smart & Kind Kids.
Be sure to sign up for the free eBook on Using Encouraging Words at http://www.AskAuntieArtichoke.com You will be so glad you did. We are grateful for your part in the community of kind, thoughtful people who want respect for all.
If your organization would like to hire Judy Helm Wright aka Auntie Artichoke as a keynote speaker, please go to http://www.judyhwright.com