Avoiding a touchy topic never works. “[Avoidance is] a short-term fix that maintains a long-term problem,” Roher said. “If you avoid discussing something because you’re afraid of having an argument, it will come back again, [but with] more force [each time].”
Are red flags popping up in your relationship? Read this article to help you decide what to do.
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by John M. Grohol:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love