Third, lighten up! Stop taking yourself so seriously. You’re allowed to make mistakes. In fact, I encourage making as many mistakes as possible, with one caveat. When you make a mistake, learn the lesson. There’s nothing worse than making the same mistake over and over (believe me, I know!). In fact, that’s the very definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results. So laugh a lot, don’t be afraid to look silly, try new things whenever possible. Trust me, this last sentence holds a world of wisdom. Follow just that- laugh a lot, don’t be afraid to look silly, and try new things- and you’ll immediately begin to experience more joy. Try it, you might like it!
Meet the JOY Professor- teaching you how to Just Own Yourself so you can live a rich, juicy life!
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB