“Sexy is feeling alive in the naked of who you really are in this moment.” Jodie
Being a sexy woman is all about doing the work on the outside. A sexy woman looks hot in her clothes and is a direct link to sex. She’s sexy for the season.
Being a Sexy Soul however, is about doing the work from inside out. She is a woman who is alive and radiant in nothing at all—her eyes shine and her smile sparkles. Sexy seems to radiate from her being and when she walks into a room she doesn’t need to even say a word but everyone wants what she’s having. She’s sexy for her reason.
There's no time to wait to begin to live like a sexy soul. Practice these 7 tips and you'll be well on your way even before the New Year:
1. Don’t be afraid to get naked. Naked is vulnerability and vulnerability is the bridge to life. If you don’t like feeling naked then you’re not really living. We must get naked in order to connect to ourselves and others.
2. Have fun! A Sexy Soul loves to laugh and have fun. Learn what “fun” means to you. Notice what makes you excited and do that thing more often. Sexy Souls take their naked selves and make it exciting by streaking—streaking is free, it’s fun, it makes you curious to see what’s waiting around the corner, but it can also be quite uncomfortable to get there.
*Warning, don’t take this literal there are laws against streaking in public. Ha!
3. Be Curious. Make it a mission to know more about yourself and the people around you. The number one question you can ask yourself is “Why?” because why is a window to your future.
4. Take care of your body. Your body is the thing that carries and protects your soul. Be aware of what you’re putting into it and how it makes you feel. Ask, “Is this food leading me to sexy or is it covering up my sexy?”
A sexy body moves and flows freely—free from fat and lean with muscle. Aside from what you’re eating, lifting weights is the number one thing women can do for themselves. It is proven to make you look and feel younger and is necessary to build and maintain your body through time.
5. Pay attention to what your body is telling you. Think you’ve moved past your heartbreaks or wounds from your past yet you have pain in your body? More often than not we manifest pain in our bodies based on feelings that have stored somewhere in it. Begin to recognize when there are flair ups and notice any patterns in your life. Our bodies are really good at picking up on dates of the past, especially those of traumatic events like the death of loved ones. Ask yourself if there’s something you’ve been avoiding. Usually, it’s based in the need to let something go by allowing yourself to feel the pain or to give up the need to be right about something by first accepting then forgiving either yourself or someone else.
6. Observe your behaviors. How we react to people and situations has a direct correlation to what we are telling ourselves and what our spirit is feeling.
Notice when you’re shaming yourself telling the “I’m not good enough” story or feel guilty about taking care of yourself. You will know you’re shaming when you’re hiding back under your “SHIT Files”. Remember, Sexy Souls don’t hide they shine and you can’t shine if you’re shaming your nakedness.
Catch yourself when you’re blaming or complaining either internally, to someone else, or about an event. This is a diversion from your own pain inside. Sexy Souls have nothing to complain about because they see opportunity and appreciation in even the most painful of hurts.
7. Be committed to living and loving like this was your last day here. If you can’t look in the full-length mirror naked and honestly say, “I love that woman looking back at me. I take care of her, I honor her, I adore her, and I live in her purpose on purpose” then you’re definitely not loving yourself as much as you can but you’re not loving others as much as you can either.
A Sexy Soul knows who she is, why she’s here, and shares that knowledge with the world.
Four years ago, I was living a comfortable life as happy as I thought I could be in a body that wasn’t my favorite and a mind that kept me stressed out and awake at night worrying about the things I couldn’t control. I was a pregnant mom of two and wife working a full time career letting life pass me by feeling guilty for wanting more and awake to the chaos instead of the peace and love that was in me all along.
Then, life threw me a lesson that woke me up in a way that gave me no other choice but to live and to love like I had never known love before when my husband was accidentally killed during a routine surgery.
Before losing him, I was living like a widow depriving myself of my own wellbeing taking care of everything outside of me--the WidowHood is what taught me how to live like the Sexy Soul I was born to be by loving myself again.
Follow me on FB or twitter @widowfindslove