3. You are forced to discuss the weather – Once I had a date interrupt our mutual silence to ask how I enjoyed last week’s weather. Despite our similar careers and interests, conversation just did not flow and the harder we tried, the more awkward the situation became. I feigned exhaustion and he faked feeling distracted by work matters. Shockingly, Mr. Weather asked me out again and even more surprising was my answer. I decided to give the conversation another go, hoping nerves and circumstances stumped both of us for words. But in reality, first date conversation is supposed to be the easiest because you are starting from scratch so the second date was even more quiet than the first. After all, we really didn’t have anything left to attempt to talk about….other than the weather of course.
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Jodi The Hopefull Romantic:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB