2. "Me" time. It's also OK to travel solo! You can recharge your batteries when you take time to yourself. You'll come back better-equipped to be a good parent and partner after putting yourself first for a change. Many people find they've forgotten their own identity, strengths and challenges as they settle into their coupledom. Traveling alone gives you the opportunity to learn, live and spread your wings.
Dr. Dorree Lynn, PhD, is a practicing psychologist and life coach with more than 40 years of experience. The founder of the website FiftyAndFurthermore.com, she's been AARP’s Media “Sexpert” and has had her own segment, “On the Couch” on AARP TV. She has appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America, MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, & VH1, and has been featured in national publications from Glamour to Time magazine. A sought-after speaker and media expert, she maintains a “Master Class” psychotherapy practice in Washington, DC, and speaks nationally. Dr. Dorree is also a wife, mother, and grandmother of a multinational family. She is the author of several books including her latest, Sex for Grownups: Dr. Dorree Reveals the Truths, Lies, and Must-Tries for Great Sex After 50 (HCI Books, April 2010).
Emma Watson is the ultimate equal rights activist. She would get s*it done for women all over the world.
- 18 Ways To Keep Your Long-Term Relationship Sizzling
- 7 Obvious (But Overlooked) Ways To Fix A Very Broken Relationship
- Sorry, Unconditional Love Is Total Bullsh*t (And, Here's Why)
- Put The iPhone DOWN! 4 Ways Technology Is Killing Your Marriage
- Cindy And Beyoncé Are FLAWED? Uh, NO! But Your Thinking Sure Is!