If you made a New Year's resolution to improve your love life and have not had much success, it is not your fault. While you may have good intentions, habits are difficult to change, making it easy to not follow through. Unrealistic goals and expectations make it difficult to know how to go after what you want. Limiting beliefs can also get in the way. Also, not having a support system can also keep you from sticking to your resolution.
Research shows that almost 50 percent of the population sets New Year's resolutions each year. 8 percent always succeed in achieving their resolutions. 19 percent achieve their resolutions every second year. 49 percent frequently fail, and 24 percent never achieve any of their resolutions. This means that 63 percent of people almost never succeed.
Good intentions mixed with old habits will keep you stuck and repeating the same relationship patterns. Try transformation only if you are ready to break your cycle. Transformation only happens when you are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to have the love you desire. Love Starts Within
Transformation starts within and is the way to true, positive and lasting change. If you are sick and tired of your results in love, nix your New Year's resolution and focus on transformation instead. Here are 12 ways to transform your love life:
- Uncover barriers keeping you from love, and determine ways to work around them.
- Take responsibility for your love life failures.
- Examine yourself.
- Meet your own needs.
- Love yourself. Learn to love the good and the self-percieved bad.
- Align your thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Define and live your core values.
- Have a clear vision for the love you desire.
- Change for the right reasons. Change for you and not for someone else.
- Speak your voice. Be authentic.
- Be courageous and patient with yourself.
- Be grateful for what you have and who you are.
Transformation requires your desire to change, willingness to fully participate and courage to stay the course. No one else's cooperation, participation or approval is necessary. With transformation, you have the power. Practice Makes Better in Love
More Love Advice From YourTango: