- Realize that you always have options and the ability to make choices. You have the right to say yes, the right to say no, the right to change your mind, and the right to make positive, self-supporting decisions.
- Encourage your body’s production of endorphins - Endorphins create elevated mood, a sense of overall well-being, and because it is a naturally occurring analgesic, it reduces the perception of pain. Endorphins and their “natural highs”are released into our body though – exercise, deep breathing, laughter, meditation, acupuncture, massage, eating spicy foods and chocolate, through sexual orgasm.
- Women reduce their stress through nurturing female relationships
- Adopt abundance thinking - the belief there is enough of everything for you and everyone else
- Spend some time alone every day - Spending time alone in meditation and contemplation results in a higher degree of inner awareness. Because we begin to recognize the people, places and things that create inner joy or produce inner conflict, and we make better decisions.
- Spend time walking barefoot in the grass or sitting under a big tree. Go “Earthing” and reconnect with Planet Earth.
- Work at a job that feels like a hobby and provides an acceptable pay check - A good job or a career gives back emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually.
- Learn to maintain a “total person” point of views - We are mind, body, spirit, personality, heart and emotion. We are creative and powerful. To be happy, we have to live in a way that our needs are met in each level of our lives.
- Seek professional help when needed - Most of us put off taking care of our emotional needs in order to take care of our children, our parents, our life partner, our friends and our communities. Don’t be afraid to explore your options. You are your own best advocate.
- Try exercise designed to heal - Yoga and the martial arts stretch us physically and encourage higher levels of self-awareness. Yoga can help you release anxiety and depression. Tai chi is a great modality for individuals with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as it helps the practitioner learn to stay present in their body.
- Try Energy Psycholgoy and Energy Medicine - Energy psychologies like Emotional Freedom Technique and Radiant Energies Balance and Energy Medicine techniques like Healing Touch have improved the quality of life for millions of people world wide.
NEED HELP?Find an Expert
Do you feel like you have to have it all. Do you practice positive emotional self-care?
Article contributed by
Recent Expert Posts
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for youSee more resources>
How A Single Guy Has A One Night Standby brobible.com
9 Celeb Women & Their Preferred Pubic Hairstylesby thefrisky.com
'Why Am I Unhappy In This Relationship?'by eharmony.com
Beyonce Comments On The 2nd Baby Pregnancy Rumorsby haveuheard.net
Hipster Bar Holding A Small Penis Contestby thefrisky.com
FROM OUR PARTNERS