2. He's rude to the waiter. Or if he's rude to the person at the ticket booth, the bartender, the cab driver or really anyone else you come into contact with during the date. Even if the service is poor, slow or the waitress got your order wrong, there's no need for any kind of insults or demeaning treatment. If your date acts rudely to others, you can be pretty certain that at some point that rudeness will be pointed at you, and when it is, it will be much worse.
3. He's checking out other women. What I'm talking about here is clearly checking out other women, as in the "up and down checkout," not the "people watching" kind of look. If he’s obviously ogling other women, it’s inexcusable. Again, he's supposed to be on his best behavior here so if he can’t keep his eyes in check and on you for a couple of hours, then just remember, it's not going to get better. I realize that men are wired to be visual, and yes, we can forgive that on occasion, but this is the first date we’re talking about here. We’re also talking about respect, as in, respect for you.
Keep the eyeballs in their sockets, Mister! If he can't resist the urge to be looking elsewhere now, it’s very likely he'll be looking elsewhere down the road. 3 Things To Do When He's Emotionally Distant
4. It's just plain boring. This one is not quite as heavy of a topic as possible alcoholism, emotional abuse or future infidelity but it's just as much of a deal breaker as the rest. I mean, if it's boring right out of the gate, why would you think it will magically get better next time?
If you feel like a dentist while trying to get a decent conversation out of the man and you find yourself wanting to glance at your watch to see how much longer you need to stay in order for it to be considered a "real date" then you probably don't want to put yourself in that situation again. But I think you already knew that one.
Jane Garapick knows firsthand what it's like to have a broken heart, a broken dream and a broken you. She writes about adventures on the rocky road to finding Mr. Right at www.gettingtotruelove.com. To get started on your own personal journey to true love, download Jane's complimentary guide "Find Your True Love: 10 Simple Steps to Getting the Love You Want ... and Deserve"
To Read Great Sex Advice:
- The Best Sex Advice on YourTango
- What Do Men Think About Vibrators?
- Like Safe Sex? Review Premium Condoms