Avoid dating burnout and create balance in your life with these 5 easy tips.
Are you single, looking for a relationship, but have grown tired of the whole dating scene? Are you finding yourself bored, annoyed and just plain frustrated at the thought of meeting new people? Chances are that you are suffering from a case of dating burnout.
Most singles suffer a burnout especially when they hit their 30's. After a countless number of dates, things can get so off track that you start to question your ability to connect with others. You may start to think you might have to settle for something less than great or even embrace the thought that a relationship just isn't in the cards for you. What's the point of dating if you can't enjoy yourself or find the right man for your taste?
It happens to the best of us, but there is hope! It's pretty easy to get back in the game and make it seem like less of a chore. Here are five tips that will not only help you prevent a burnout, but also help you find your balance and possibly create opportunities for more dates.
1. Get real. Examine your expectations and your actions. Be honest with yourself and think about what you are looking to accomplish by dating. Are you looking for something casual or long-term and serious? Ask yourself, "How are my actions serving my purpose?"
If your actions aren't serving a purpose, consider eliminating them from your life and focus that energy on the things that do make a difference to you. This will help you put things into perspective.
2. Stop comparing. So you have a friend who has a date with a different person everyday of the week. You start to ask yourself, "What do they have that I don't?" This is a trap. Some people just date more than others. It's just the way it is, but you are not them and they are not you. Don't compare yourself or your dating activity to anyone else's as it will make you even more frustrated.
Everyone has their own story and though you see the outcome of their efforts, you never truly get a look behind the scenes. That person may be a frequent dater, but you don't know the quality of their dates and you don't know the action behind landing those dates.
Be comfortable with you and who you are. If there is something that you don't like about yourself, you can work on changing it. 4 Tricks To Exude More Confidence And Attract More Dates [EXPERT]
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating