With summer quickly heating up, many people are thinking about vacation. And with good reasons, between the long winter and our increasingly hectic lives, for many of us, the premium that we place on planning and enjoying our precious time off is something we live for. The Travel Test: Would Our First Trip Be A Disaster Or A Delight?
But creating a great vacation isn’t as intuitive as you might think. While the benefits are endless, the challenges are too. Between rising gas prices, different vacationing styles, parental duties and other obligations, the big question is how can a couple create and enjoy a truly stress-free holiday? 8 Travel Spots For Opposites
More from YourTango: Parenting Lessons From Kirk Cameron's Anti-Gay Comment
We asked our Experts to weigh in on the following questions:
* What does it take to create a great vacation?
* How can we prepare for the unexpected and still come home feeling relaxed and energized?
* What are the benefits of traveling and is it OK to go without kids or, even, one's spouse?
* Are romantic vacations possible with kids underfoot?
* How can couples plan a vacation without pulling each other's hair out?
* And finally, for those with kids, tight budgets and stress, intimate encounters on vacation are often lost, how can a couple truly enjoy their time off together?
Over the next 7 days, YourTango's own Experts will share with you the tips, tricks and insight you need to make this year's vacation truly the one of your dreams.
In the spirit of our past challenges (31 Days To A Better Sex Life, the 31-Day Love Life Makeover and last month's 7-Day Spotlight on Love & Money) we wanted to bring you a diverse, educated set of articles that would shine a spotlight on the importance of vacations to relationships (both with yourself and the ones you love).
Experts will be around all week to answer questions and connect with you about any issues you may be facing and how you can take ownership of your summer travel plans. You can find them here.
More from YourTango: Groundhog Day: How To Apologize & Get Your Own Do-Over
So join us for seven days as our Experts dive in to a very fun and sometimes challenge issue of traveling and the impact that it has on your relationships. Follow the daily updates here.
Get started with today's post: How To Take A Successful Vacation As A Couple