Pamper yourself, take time to celebrate loving yourself by reflecting on your BEST qualities.
Are you already experiencing a feeling of dread because the Holidays are quickly approaching and you’re single and alone? You’re surrounded with advertising showing happy couples, laughing, kissing and seemingly having a great time. The more you see the worse you feel!
The more you hear, “Tis the season to be jolly” or “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire” the more you feel like crying. You wish you could be jolly; if you only knew how.
I’ve got good news; you can be jolly! Choose your feelings! Choosing your feelings allows and supports you to enjoy the season. Here are some tips to help you move from dread to jolly.
1. Because you are single, you can pamper yourself without the guilt. Go ahead buy something outrageous that makes you look and feel great. Get the colors that show your best features. Wear it when you desire a pick me up and want to feel special.
2. Treat yourself to that yearned for but never have time for massage. Take this private time just for you. This relaxing time helps relieve the tension surrounding the holidays. It allows you to focus on who you are and who you’re becoming. Acknowledge and appreciate yourself for taking action. Yes, you’re worth it!
3. Surround yourself with the things you love, the things that bring you joy. If you enjoy having your home decorated for the holidays, then do it just for you. Use as much or a little of the decorations as you like. This is for your pleasure!
4. Create your own holiday tradition. Just for you. You can choose to have quiet time alone, cook, order in, pick up or go out to dinner. Or invite friends over who support, love and stimulate you. Surround yourself with people who are lively and add to your joy.
5. Take time to celebrate loving yourself by reflecting on your BEST qualities; your smile, your willingness to share, your inherent joy, your healthy body, and etc. It’s even ok to remember past joyous holidays and appreciate them for the gifts (no judgment) they gave.
Wow! Now that’s done, how does it feel? Do you feel liberated knowing that it’s up to you to create the ‘ho-ho-ho,’ jolly good feelings you desire? Sages throughout the years have taught that joy comes from the inside. You choose! Congratulate yourself on giving YOU the greatest gift of all.